Mittwoch, 20. April 2011

Song "When I'm gone" by Simple Plan

I have found another song which fits very good to Jonas feelings and situation before he wants to leave the community.

The song "When I'm gone" by Simple Plan from the Album Simple Plan was published in 2008.

I will write something to the lyrics in brackets. I will handle it so that the songtext is written in Jonas perspective.









Simple Plan - When I'm gone


I look around me
And all I seem to see
Is people going nowhere       (with "nowhere" Jonas can mean "Elsewhere in his community)                                       
Expecting sympathy                                     ( the community expected a lot from Jonas and the other ones)
It's like we're going through the motions       ( maybe this can stand for the telling of the feelings and dreams
                                                                    because maybe there are some dreams and feelings which
                                                                    you wouldn't share with your family)
Of a scripted destiny                                   (everything is strictruled in the community and required)
Tell me where's our inspiration
If life won't wait                                         (these two lines can mean that if Jonas won't do something there
I guess it's up to me                                     is no other choice, so he must do something)
Woah
No, we're not gonna waste another moment in this town  ( town stands for community and in this community
                                                                                       he wouldn't stay any longer)
Woah
We won't come back                                                     (Jonas and Gabriel are mentioned with "we", they
                                                                                       won't come back because there is no chance to
                                                                                       survive for Gabriel)
The world is calling out
Woah
Leave the past in the past                                             ( this means forget everything and this is what Jonas
                                                                                     wants)
Gonna find the future                                                     (he will find a new life a better one for him and
                                                                                      Gabriel)
If misery loves company,                                              (the company can stand also for the community in
                                                                                     Jonas point of view)
Well so long,
You'll miss me when I'm gone                                      (adresses to the community because Jonas would      
                                                                                     leave the community if they wouldn't change
                                                                                     something)
(Woah, oh, oh)
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone                      (the community will miss him and Gabriel when they are gone)
(Woah, oh, oh)
Procrastination running circles in my head
While you sit there contemplating                                (they only sit there without doing anything for the community)
You wound up left for dead (you left for dead)          ( can stand for Gabriels destiny)
Life is what happens
While you're busy making your excuses                       ( the do something and don't really care for the
                                                                                    children)
Another day another casualty                                      (everyday bad things will happen to Gabriel if Jonas wouldn't do something)
But that won't happen to me                                        (because Jonas wants to leave the
                                                                                    community)
Woah
No, we're not gonna waste another moment in this town
Woah
We won't come back
The world is calling out
Woah
Leave the past in the past
Gonna find the future
If misery loves company,
Well so long,
You'll miss me when I'm gone
(Woah, oh, oh)
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone
(Woah, oh, oh)
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone
When I'm gone
Let's go!
I won't look back                                           (this can stand for that he will never look back and never come back)
When I say goodbye                                       (Goodbye is Goodbye , Goodbye is forever)
Gonna leave this world behind me                    (he/they will leave their old life/world behind them)
Gonna take what's mine tonight                         (is very strict:but with mine Gabriel is mentioned)
'Cause every wasted day
Becomes a wasted chance
You'll gonna wake up feeling sorry                   ( the community should feel sorry if Jonas is gone)
'Cause life won't wait                                        ( he won't wait for them)
I guess it's up to you                                         ( it's the fault of the community that Jonas is gone)
Woah
No, we're not gonna waste another moment in this town
Woah
We won't come back
The world is calling out
Woah
Leave the past in the past
Gonna find the future
If misery loves company,
Well so long,
You'll miss me when I'm gone
(Woah, oh, oh)
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone
(Woah, oh, oh)
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone
(Woah, oh, oh)
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone
(Woah, oh, oh)
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone




The big lines are also interpreted before, and sorry for the shit "format" because this here doesn't work like how I wanted this should work!
I'm also sorry that I haven't give an interpretation for every line because not really every line fits to the situation.


Songtext by : http://www.magistrix.de/lyrics/Simple%20Plan/When-Im-Gone-233298.html

video by youtube.

1 Kommentar:

  1. Katharina,

    tkan you for the very detailed analysis of Simple Plan's "When I'm gone". Your analysis shows very well that you managed to match the song and the novel's ideas. Just a brief hit: what about having different colours for song text and analyzing comments? I think that could help readability a lot.

    AntwortenLöschen